Sexual health advisers
Our staff will listen, talk things over, provide accurate information and advice and may direct you to other useful services.
Sexual health advisers are there for you when you:
- have been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection (STI)
- are concerned about your sexual health
- are undergoing tests or treatment
- want to discuss issues of sexuality and sexual identity
- have questions about safer sex, contraception, pregnancy, STIs and HIV.
To speak to a sexual health adviser call 01793 604038.
Outreach nurses offer young people free and confidential advice and support on sex and relationships. They work flexibly from a range of locations including Swindon Health Centre on Carfax Street, the Great Western Hospital, colleges, schools, youth centres, GP surgeries and in people’s own homes.
They can help with:
- screening and advice on sexually transmitted infections
- advice on contraception
- prescribing and administering contraception, including emergency hormonal contraception (the morning after pill)
- pregnancy testing and advice.
For advice or to arrange a visit call 07920 823812, 07920 829032 or 01793 607877/607878/607879.