Thinking of having a baby?
This website provides useful advice: Contraception Choices website: Thinking of having a baby? (https://www.contraceptionchoices.org/did-you-know/thinking-having-baby).
The Sexwise website (www.sexwise.org.uk) has a lot of useful information available to the public, including leaflets that can be downloaded:
- Which method of contraception is right for me?
- Emergency contraception
- Contraceptive choices after you’ve had a baby
- Long-acting reversible contraception (LARC)
Patient information leaflets
- Contraceptive implant – after removal
- Contraceptive implant – after your fitting appointment
- Contraceptive implant – before removal
- Contraceptive implant – before your fitting appointment
- IUC – after your fitting appointment
- IUC – before your fitting appointment
Sexually transmitted infection (STI)
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Genital herpes
- HIV testing
- HIV symptoms
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine for men who have sex with men (MSM)
- Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV)
- Non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- A guide for pregnant women who have a positive syphilis
- Trichomonas Vaginalis
- Types of sexually transmitted infection (STI)
Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust has produced an excellent series of information films, divided into six sets:
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Non STI Conditions
Please see Hope House – understanding your sexual health – Information Films (www.hopehouse.nhs.uk/information-videos).